Sorry folks - been Guildwars'ing and have also been feeling reclusive. I go through phases where I just don't seem to have the energy or inclination to keep up with this stuff. So people are looking for peculiarities, hmmm? Here are a bunch. I'm doubling the number, since most of the folks I know have already been tagged.
1. My name is at the top of the CN Tower. When they were finishing it in the early '70s, there was an opportunity to write your children's names on a thingy that was going into the spire, and my mum put my name on it.
2. I have a virtual yarn stash. In Oblivion, one of the 'useless' items you can find in chests and boxes is yarn. I've been collecting it and stowing it in the various houses I own.
3. I had a fear (well, more a dislike, really) of toes for a very long time. I got over it when I worked in Cuba for a month in 1999. I figured that no one there knew that I'd not exposed my toes for years, so the hang-up was all in my head - though the 2 people that knew me through university did comment on it.
4. When I was 10, I wore trousers all summer.
5. Between the ages of 8 and 14, I never wore a skirt or dress, except for my Brownie/Guide uniforms.
6. I'm 34 and still don't have a driver's license -- and I work for the Ministry of Transportation.
7. I can lift my left leg up to the height of my head and hold my foot next to my right ear.
8. I'm actually very shy, but overcompensate by being humourous, silly and chatty in person - which necessitates long periods of downtime.
9. My first word as an infant was 'vegetable'.
10. Generally speaking, I can't handle watching television or movies at home. I get overstimulated and run away. Consequently, I've never seen an episode of just about any reality t.v. show. My one vice is Coronation Street.
11. I am a student of druidry.
12. I have been contemplating getting a tattoo for nearly half my life, but haven't yet fastened on anything.
13. I've always been an excellent student/writer, but for the past few years have been crippled by a fear of essay-writing to the point that I can't even start one.
How's that? Peculiar enough fo' yiz'?
In other news, again have lots of photos and WIPs to post. Well -- need to take more pix of the WIPs. Bad SoSo! Bad SoSo! Started Laura's CCCC cardigan in a magical blue by Misti Alpaca and it's going well. Am making a hat for me'sel' (out of CASHMERE!), as my Amelia helmet has gone walkabout. Am procrastinating on t's Boom Bag. Am also absolutely horrified by my Visa bill. I haven't been using it much and have been making payments on my card, but when your phone/internet bills are charged to it and you're not paying attention, it can really add up. No spinning wheel for me any time soon. Time to start actually knitting what I have, methinks. :)