Saturday, March 04, 2006

*snap*

Hmh. Broke 2 of my 2.5 mm Brittany dpns in 3 days. How crazy is that?? Am hoping for replacements soon so I can carry on with my plan for world sock domination. It's proven difficult to find 2.5 mm dpns that aren't Brittany. I love their needles, but I think bamboo ones would be better when they're that toothpicky. A number of stores don't seem to carry 2.5s. Odd.

Ah well. In the meantime I'm working on the Noro Cat capelet. Nearly finished one side, so am looking forward to wearing something swanky. I'll take and post photos when b/f isn't slumbering behind me in my wee little bachelor pad.

In other news, I'm working on a wonderful hat pattern in horrid, hideous, nasty-arse-cheap-acrylic kelly green and white stripes for one of the maintenance guys at work. He's well into his soccer, and he's a huge Ireland supporter. To each their own, I suppose. I'm wrestling with the number of stitches I should be casting on, given that I'm working with acrylic, but whatever. It'll knit up fast and then I can get on to bigger, better, more interesting things

like more socks.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I'm SO looking forward to seeing the Ireland hat :D

I'm also on the hunt for 2.5s. I bought the wrong size at Lewiscraft so I'm returning them today and *hopefully* exchanging them. Sadly, they're clunky metal, and not soft, supple bamboo.