Friday, June 23, 2006

Bad...bad...terrifyingly bad.

"He's a big bad wolf in your neighbourhood
Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good"
- Run DMC

Hoooo boy. Yarn id, yarn id, what do you see? I see projects - one, two, three!

- So I'm trying to be a little more responsible with me' dosh, and what happens? A giant, tongue-lolling appearance of my yarn id. Twice. Resulting in stupid quantities of yarn. How many projects can a girl do at once, I ask you?

So last week I'm in Romni, all innocent-like, looking for a) yarn with which to attempt Fair Isle for the first time, and/or b) yarn with which to knit the amazing Elizabethan collar vest from Loop-d-Loop, when Louisa Harding sashays up and clouts me over the head with 10 balls of Fauve. [Read: I browse through her Beachcomber Bay publication for the umpteenth time, end up fondling her yarn, wistfully imagining buying some, and then like the werewolfy change comes over the title character in Ginger Snaps, I find myself pawing through the colours, whimpering because there are only 9 balls in the colourway I like. Then I see it: Number 10, snuggled in with some Flotsam a couple of shelves up. Sold.] I just barely made it out of there before buying 10 balls of Flotsam for a second project. And (she said dramatically) I didn't even have my $25 gift cert with me - though I did get the DKC discount, thank heckins.

And then on Wednesday, I'm still thinking about the Elizabethan collar vest when I discover that Haley at Knit-o is having a sale on Van Dyck yarn - the stuff needed for said vest. It requires only 3 balls, and she's selling it for several dollars off. I leave work early. I find yarn for the vest:


...and for the leaf lace sweater. Le sigh (glee).



4 comments:

Yvette said...

Hey,
I was just at Knit-o-matic yesterday and way overspent as well. The silly thing is, it wasn't even for me but my Secret Pal. So, my new theory on the compulsion is that it has something to do with the actual act of shopping as much as the aquisition of yarn...and bamboo needles...and pattern books...and Chibi's in every colour...

Sandi Purl said...

gorgeous!! them some nice projets u got on the go-go-go! giv'er sister sophie!

Needle Addict said...

wow!! Great haul, I'm impressed. and that is so not sock yarn.

Jen said...

WEAK!!!

am dying to knit the loop d loop as well...although had a *terrible* accident in Cape Breton and then again in Nfld....

I may have a full alpaca fleece on the way...