Monday, May 25, 2009

the seven deadlies

I filled this out a few years ago on my other blog--and had forgotten how interesting it is. So I thought I'd do it again. Fascinating to see which of my answers have shifted, and which have stayed the same.

Wrath
1. Who did you last get angry with?
myself

2. What is your weapon of choice?
a) words b) steel-toed boots

3. Would you hit a member of the opposite sex?
Depending on the situation (i.e. self-defence, or an impassioned request), yes.

4. How about of the same sex?
Same as above.

5. Who was the last person who got really angry at you?
my brother, as far as I know…

6. What is your pet peeve?
SUVs…and improper word use

Sloth
1. What is one thing you're supposed to do daily that you haven't done in a long time?
Floss.

2. What is the latest you've ever woken up?
3 p.m., if I remember right - but that was after going to bed post-sunrise.

3. Name a person you've been meaning to contact, but haven't?
my arch-nemesis

4. What is the last lame excuse you made?
I've got an errand to run, so I'll see you later (unspoken subtext being: ...and it means I don't have to suffer walking down the street in your company).

5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through?
Only short ones. My hands-down favourite is the slap chopper.

6. When was the last time you got in a good workout?
Depends on what constitutes a “workout”. :) If we're talking in the traditional, exercisey sense, it's been years.

7. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today?
3 or 4…too sleepy to remember

Gluttony
1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice?
cinnamon dolce lattes.

2. Meat eater?
Have been known as one.

3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you've had in one sitting/outing/event?
Nine pints on a pub run in 1994. The only time I’ve ever actually blacked out, and the only time I’ve woken up still drunk. I couldn't find my flat key, dissolved in tears and was taken in by another flat. I discovered the next day the key was in my pocket—which I'd frantically checked about 10 times.

4. Have you ever used a professional diet company?
No.

5. Do you have an issue with your weight?
No - more with my fitness.

6. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy foods?
Savoury, actually.

7. Have you ever looked at a small house pet or child and thought lunch?
Maaaaybe...but more from a cuteness perspective over hunger.

Lust
1. How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family)?
Hmmmm. In person? Over 30 (this is counting streakers at parties and such).

2. How many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family)?
Somewhere between 25 & 30.

3. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of the opposite gender during a normal conversation?
Maybe once or twice.

4. Have you "done it"?
Darling, I have done many things. “It” may certainly have been one of them.

5. What is your favourite body part on a person of your gender of choice?
Women's torsos, and men's chests and arms…though there’s also that *great* line of skin on guys that runs from the top of their hip and into their trousers…

6. Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute?
Nope…but I’ve been propositioned by people that think I’m one, thanks to the n’hood I live in. C’mon, buddy—I’m wearing polar fleece, for heckins’ sake.

7. Have you ever had to get tested for an STD or pregnancy?
Yes.

Greed
1. How many credit cards do you own?
One.

2. What's your guilty pleasure store?
Indigo.

3. If you had $1 million, what would you do with it?
Pay off student loans, look after my mum, and invest the rest.

4. Would you rather be rich, or famous?
Rich - hands down.

5. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks?
Perhaps for a while, but I'd have to quit eventually, 'cos I'd go mad.

6. Have you ever stolen anything?
Yes. From shops as a yearning-to-be-bad teenager, and perhaps a few hearts.

7. How many MP3s are on your hard drive?
A couple of thou. and counting, ‘cos I’m laaaaazy…perhaps this q should have been cross-referenced to ‘sloth’.

Pride
1. What's one thing you have done that you're most proud of?
Baring all.

2. What one thing have you done that your parents are most proud of?
Getting a 2nd uni. degree.

3. What thing would you like to accomplish in your life?
So many things, so little time. Learn to speak another language with fluency, rather than squeaking by on vocab alone.

4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place?
Depends on what it's second place for. If it's something I'm good at, then yes.

5. Have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors?
No.

6. Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score?
Yes, but not on anything that would have cheated another out of their rightful laurels. Usually on computer games and such, to get somewhere that’s been damnably out of reach for far too long, despite my best efforts.

7. What did you do today that you're proud of?
Summed up the emperor's lack of clothing with articulate flair.

Envy
1. What item (or person) of your friends’ would you most want to have for your own?
Wow. This is a toughie. I can think of no attached anyone I would want to have—totally non-negotiable. Thingwise…Mel’s print of the girl in the tree.

2. Who would you want to go on "Trading Spaces" with?
Kaffe Fassett.

3. If you could be anyone else in the world, who would it be?
That's a tough one, not knowing what darknesses folks may have. I'm not going to answer, because I've spent several minutes thinking about it and am at a loss.

4. Have you ever been cheated on?
Yes.

5. Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own?
You know, I did when I was younger (either violet or green eyes, instead of blue-grey, wanting to be taller [yes, really], wanting less problematic skin), but now, I'm not so sure. I just want to be fitter - and if I got off my arse, that could be a reality.

6. What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself?
Patience with stupid questions like this one.

No comments: